Design Director / Investis, New York, NY / June 2016 – Present
As part of a talented team of user experience and design professionals, I have concepted, designed and bootstrapped several client websites. I strive for beautiful, smart design and a stellar user experience. I am comfortable alternating between digital, print, pitch and event projects and make it a priority to understand the client's pain points and project goals before jumping in.
Vice President, Creative Director / AlixPartners, New York, NY / March 2013 – January 2015
Experienced at running high-volume shop and evolving global brand. Responsible for creative vision, brand cohesion, day-to-day resource planning and budgeting.
- Centralized design function to ensure consistently branded collateral, to remove fulfillment burden from marketing leads, and to allow for better cost control.
- Set forth practical and much-needed design goals linked to the business objectives of building relationships and driving leads. This was accomplished by making sure design was (1) client-centered, (2) branded and (3) integrated across all marketing channels.
- Developed templates and usage guidelines to help manage the complexity of email marketing and client presentations.
Senior Art Director / GLG, New York, NY / December 2011 – January 2013
Hands-on at developing innovative brand and leading design team. Responsible for concept development, execution and seeing deadlines were met.
- Guided a comprehensive rebrand that included a rethink of the tone and written expression of this complex business. New visual vocabulary, color palette, service icons, photo and illustration usage, and all media were developed.
- Collaborated with sales and research to improve visual appeal and usability of client report. Objectives: to simplify content, streamline style and create impact through client-specific content.
- Improved project workflow by establishing quick meetings to review design and recalibrate direction and timing.
Art Director / Royce & Associates, New York, NY / May 2007 – December 2011
Brand steward skilled at concepting original, high visibility communications. Maintained and reviewed print, digital and social media enhancements to unify marketing efforts.
- Revitalized materials with custom illustration and photography.
- Rolled out a successful e-delivery campaign that started with 3.6% participation of our direct shareholders and ended, 2½ years later, with 20.7% participation.
- Made business case to print marketing and high volume shareholder documents on 30% recycled content paper.
- Recommended and managed Quark to InDesign conversion. Supported data team initiative to automate charting.
Design Freelancer / New York, NY / January 2015 – June 2016
Clients include: Bank of New York, Chiat Day, Citizen’s Union, Global X Funds, Hachette Filipacchi Media, KPR, Morningstar, National Association of Realtors, Rotary International, Simpson Thacher, The Knights, T.R. Winston, TV Guide, Uniworld, Upshot, Wunderman, Zolfo Cooper
Management / Budget Oversight, Business Strategy Alignment, Project Planning, Resource Allocation, Quality Assurance, Team Building and Mentoring
Design and Art Direction / 12-Column Bootstrap, Animation Storyboarding, Art Direction for Video / Photography / Illustration, Blog Design, Branding and Identity, Charting and Data Visualization, Color Management, Digital Asset Management, Email Marketing, Event Staging, Icon Development, Pitch & Presentation, Press Check, Site Review and Quality Assurance, Social Media Asset Creation, UX/UI, Wireframing
Software & Third-Party / Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat), AutoPrice, Campaign Monitor, Google Drive Services, HubSpot, InVision, Keynote, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) Prezi, Sketch, Trello, WordPress / MAC and PC proficient
University of Illinois at Chicago / Chicago, IL
BFA in Graphic Design, College Honors
Basics of Web Design and Coding / University of Michigan on Coursera / December 2016
Interaction Design Specialization / University of California, San Diego on Coursera / December 2015
- Human-Centered Design
- Design Principles
- Social Computing
- Input and Interaction
- User Experience: Research & Prototyping
- Information Design
- Designing, Running & Analyzing Experiments
Animation Digital Compositing Workshop In AfterEffects / School of Visual Arts, New York, NY / December 2015
Infographics Workshop / General Assembly, New York, NY / June 2012
HTML and CSS Course / Career Center, New York, NY / March 2011