Design Director, Investis
New York, NY / November 2016 – Present
Freelance Design Consultant
New York, NY / January 2015 – November 2016
Clients include Investis, VanEck Funds, Global X Funds, Simpson Thacher and The Knights.
Vice President, Creative Director, AlixPartners
New York, NY / March 2013 – January 2015
Creative director experienced at running high-volume shop, and evolving global brand. Responsible for creative vision, brand cohesion, day-to-day resource planning, productivity, allocation, and budget.
- Centralized design function to guarantee consistent, branded collateral, to remove fulfillment burden from marketing leads, and to allow for better cost control.
Set forth practical and much-needed design goals to link communications to the business objectives of building relationships and driving leads by ensuring all design is (1) branded, (2) client-centric and (3) systematized.
- Developed templates and usage guidelines to help manage the complexity of email marketing.
Senior Art Director, GLG (Gerson Lehrman Group)
New York, NY / December 2011 – January 2013
Hands-on art director skilled at developing innovative brand and leading design team. Responsible for day-to-day operations, concept development, and execution.
- Guided team in a comprehensive rebrand that included a rethink of the tone and written expression of this complex business. New visual vocabulary, color palette, service icons, photo and illustration usage, and all media were developed.
- Collaborated with sales and research to improve visual appeal and usability of client report. Objectives: to simplify content, streamline style and create impact through client-specific content.
- Improved project workflow by establishing quick meetings to review design and recalibrate direction and timing.
Art Director, Royce & Associates
New York, NY / May 2007 – December 2011
Brand steward skilled at concepting original, high visibility communications. Maintained and reviewed print, digital and social media enhancements to unify marketing efforts.
- Revitalized materials with custom illustration and photography.
- Rolled out a successful e-delivery campaign that started with 3.6% participation of our direct shareholders and ended, 2½ years later, with 20.7% participation.
- Made business case to print marketing and high volume shareholder documents on 30% recycled content paper.
- Recommended and managed Quark to InDesign conversion. Supported data team initiative to automate charting.
Bank of New York, Chiat Day, Citizen’s Union, Global X Funds, Hachette Filipacchi Media, KPR, Morningstar, National Association of Realtors, Rotary International, Simpson Thacher, The Knights, T.R. Winston, TV Guide, Uniworld, Upshot, Van Eck, Wunderman, Zolfo Cooper
Budget Oversight, Business Strategy Alignment, Creative Brief Writing, Estimate Procurement, Product and/or Technology Research, Project Planning, Resource Allocation, Quality Assurance, Team Building & Mentoring
Design & Art Direction
Advertising, Branding & Identity, Charts & Graphing, Color Management, Concept Development, Email Marketing, Event Graphics & Staging, Contact Sheet & Film Editing, Iconography, Information Design, Interaction Design, Presentation & PPT, Photo & Video Shoot, Storyboarding, Typography, Website (UE/IA)
Adobe Creative Cloud, AutoPrice, Basecamp, Campaign Monitor, Keynote, Microsoft Office, Prezi, WordPress / MAC & PC proficient
University 0f Illinois at Chicago
BFA in Graphic Design, College Honors
Chicago, IL / December 1997
Basics of Web Design and Coding by University of Michigan on Coursera / Current
– Responsive Design
Interaction Design Specialization by University of California, San Diego on Coursera / April 2016
– Human-Centered Design
– Design Principles
– Social Computing
– Input and Interaction
– User Experience: Research & Prototyping
– Information Design
– Designing, Running & Analyzing Experiments
Animation Digital Compositing Workshop, School of Visual Arts, New York / December 2015
Infographics Workshop, General Assembly, New York / June 2012
- HTML & CSS Course, Career Center, New York / March 2011
- Edward Tufte 1-Day Course, New York / March 2009